Photobucket
Photobucket
Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, June 17, 2010

A No Band-Aid Kid

We had our first "serious" skinned knee about a week ago. I wasn't there, so I'm not sure what exactly happened, but I know all parties involved felt just as bad as Austin's knee hurt. It was old news by the time I got home, but he still wanted nothing to do with ointment or band-aids. He could have cared less when I showed him how cool the Elmo band-aids were. I tried to show him they didn't hurt by putting one on my own arm, but I'm pretty sure he caught me wince when I pulled the darn thing off!

I knew we had to get something on it because it was begging for an infection. Just look how raw the center was! We eventually worked out a plan... Dad held a book near his face (much like they do with a sheet during surgery) while I applied ointment and two band-aids. I quickly slipped on his PJ pants before he even knew what was going on!

Always an adventure!

1 comment:

  1. funny considering adali is on her third "ban bade" in as many days with no owie in sight.

    ReplyDelete