 |
| Dad? Dad!? What is going on here?!? |
Everyone knows I nursed Austin for an entire year. And everyone that knows me well knows I wasn't shy when it came to talking about how much work it is. Down right full-time-job work. Don't even get me started on the joys of pumping. After I stopped pumping for Austin, I'd get the shakes when I saw "the milker" staring at me from the corners of the basement. I'd have to run quickly or it would taunt me with that all to familiar sound - Winnipeg,
Winnipeg , Winnipeg - over and over again. (In case you wanted to know, it now says Wonder Pets, Wonder Pets, Wonder Pets in the early hours of each morning. All pumps talk, right?) All of that being said, Austin was an excellent baby with very little illness so I knew I'd be nursing #2 as long as I could. And I can't help but puff with pride at each weight gain my baby has. Anyway, nursing has been going really well (aside from a small blister - OUCH - issue we had a few weeks ago and the never ending puking - YUCK) but I knew we had to try Aubrey with the bottle just to make sure she could do it.
 |
| Hey wait, this is good! |
Dad got the honors of serving Aubrey her first bottle, just like
he did with Austin. It took us awhile to get her to understand what was going on but she eventually started drinking from the bottle. It's good to know I can leave her for more than 2 1/2 hours if need be.
 |
| Still a little confused, but I'll take it! |
At almost seven weeks, she's nursing 6 times a day starting around 5:30 am and ending around 9:30 pm. Call me crazy, but I get up to pump every night/morning about four hours after her last feeding. I'm just a nervous ninny when it comes to milk supply! We currently have 32 4 - 6 oz feedings ready and waiting for mama to find a job. Hey, maybe I could sell milk for a living!
Yeah, sell that stuff! Make money...lose weight! Sounds like a good deal :)
ReplyDelete