It felt like the end of school came out of nowhere. We made a countdown chain to help Austin understand how many days where left. He was excited to come home and remove a ring at the end of each day.
Mrs. S. planned a park day to celebrate the end of the year. I'm so happy I got to experience the second half of Austin's first school year. I never dreamed I'd be able to go to his Christmas party, Valentine's Day party, etc with him.
The final day was finally here. I don't think he really understands summer vacation and why he doesn't have school anymore. Right now he thinks summer vacation is all about sleeping in, going swimming and not taking baths... I'll give him the first two, but after a day of farming... he definitely needs a bath!
Sending him to preschool this year was the best decision ever. He's learned so much in the past nine months. He's learned how to write his name, follow instructions (still working on this one!), sign songs and love the Lord with his whole heart. Some of the other things he's mastered this year: recognizing his classmates names in print, AB patterns, recognizing, naming and writing numbers 1 - 10, and more than we'll probably even realize. Some things we need to work on this summer: listening attentively (the kids a daydreamer, what can I say?), hopping on one foot, skipping (Do Farmers skip?), and learning his phone number and address. We had a few minor stumbles along the way - not listening or peeing on the playground - but at the end of the day, Austin Kiefer has been promoted to PK4!
Austin, enjoy your first summer vacation! My wish for you is a ring around the tub everynight and too many memories to count! Love, Mom.
March For Babies 2016
10 years ago






No comments:
Post a Comment